Best Personal Injury Lawyer Lakewood Ranch
5 Common Mistakes After Your Car Accident Claim
A car accident is one of the worst things that can happen to you, and no matter who you are or how great your day might have been going, the moment you get into an accident can be life changing. Whether you were injured or someone close to you was, it can completely change the course of your life, putting you out of work, costing you financial issues, and damages, tremendous hardships and worse. According to Mr. Charles Spinner, of Spinner Law Firm, the best personal injury lawyer Lakewood Ranch has in practice, for many individuals across the state of Florida a car accident can be a big downfall for them and can put them in a huge financial hole. One of the biggest issues with getting into a car accident is not really knowing what to say or do afterwards. If you speak to any car accident lawyer, they will tell you that there are a lot of things you need to make sure of and certain pieces of information that need to be held back, in an effort not to damage the health of your claim. The fact is that you have been injured and damaged, as a result of another party’s negligence. And it is your right to get justice! Lakewood Ranch personal injury attorney, Charles Spinner, and his team at Spinner Law Firm have helped countless victims all across the state of Florida to acquire millions of dollars in compensatory damages. With the help of a car accident lawyer to guide you, you can be sure you won’t slip up and make one of these costly mistakes.
- Not Calling 911 or Leaving the Scene No matter what is going on, the worst thing you can do is to leave the scene of an accident or fail to report it and hope things will work out. Whether there are injuries involved or not, every accident should be reported, because you never know where it could go from a legal perspective. According to Mr. Charles Spinner, the best injury lawyer Lakewood Ranch has in practice, regardless if anybody was hurt, you need to call 911! A police report has saved many individuals from false claims and issues down the line, as they are a trusted, third party, not involved in the actual accident – and can provide insight into what actually happened. And anyone who leaves the scene of an accident will be charged with a crime, so be sure to stay back and wait for the authorities.
- Get Overly Emotional The worst thing you can do after getting into a car accident is to get overly emotional and lose your cool. Even when its the other person’s fault, no matter what type of injuries you or your loved ones might have suffered, no matter how negligent the other driver might have been, you will get your day in court. According to Mr. Spinner, the best injury lawyer Sarasota has in practice, oftentimes, victims of car accidents will become aggressive and it can lead to other charges or cause the police on the scene to see things in a different light. This can be brought up later on down the line and may end up costing you when it comes time for your case.
- Saying Sorry or Admitting Fault After a car accident, emotions are always running high, and its to be expected. If you are still standing, you can move forward, as long as you keep your composure! Sure, its human nature to be congenial and not every accident is 100% one person’s fault over another’s. Even if the other person might have been more at fault, you might feel obligated to admit some of your fault, thinking this will make them admit theirs. While this is human nature, this is entirely wrong. The fact is that it isn’t your determination to make, and you do not decide who was at fault or how much blame is to be placed on who. According to Lakewood Ranch personal injury lawyer Charles Spinner, they always advise clients to never admit fault, or make any statements until they have spoken to an attorney. You should never lie about what happened, but at the end of the day, once the accident has occurred, it is out of your hands and it is a legal matter now.
- Waste Time in the Aftermath One of the biggest mistakes plaintiffs will make is to avoid the situation and let too much time pass following the accident. The fact is that if the other person is to blame for the accident, then they will certainly not be the person to act first. You need to take things into your own hands, and immediately contact a Lakewood Ranch personal injury lawyer and seek their advice on how to proceed from there.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies Without an Attorney This is one of the biggest mistakes that people make, and they often assume it will save them money as they won’t have to pay attorney fees. However, according to Mr. Spinner, the best car accident lawyer Lakewood Ranch has in practice, these companies are trained to combat your every word and will do everything possible to make you settle for far less than your case is actually worth. An attorney can help ensure you don’t make costly mistakes and keep yourself from a number of different damages that you are absolutely entitled to. As the top car accident and wrongful death lawyer Sarasota has in practice, Mr. Spinner and his team have helped countless victims to climb out of terrible negotiations with insurance companies that would have kept them from millions of dollars in possible damages. The fact is that with the help of an attorney, you will have someone who not only understands the process, but may have dealt with these and other insurance companies in the past, so they can better guide you through their tactics and tricks.